The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) is a membership organization for women’s flat track roller derby leagues. WFTDA Insurance is a subsidiary of the WFTDA that offers insurance coverage for roller derby activities in the United States. WFTDA Insurance is separate from WFTDA Membership.
Some quick facts:
- WFTDA Member Leagues are not required to purchase WFTDA Insurance [Learn More].
- WFTDA Insurance is available to all roller derby leagues and participants in the United States, including non-member women’s flat track, as well as men’s, juniors, and banked track.
- WFTDA Insurance is owned by Women’s Flat Track Derby International (WFTDI), a for-profit subsidiary of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
- Both companies were created “by skaters, for skaters,” are managed and operated by current or former members of the WFTDA community, and are overseen by a volunteer board of directors consisting of and elected by WFTDA members.
- WFTDA Insurance distributes up to 1/3 of its annual revenue to the WFTDA, to support the development of membership benefits and competitive play programs.
Learn more about WFTDA Insurance at WFTDI.com.