WFTDA requires insurance coverage for member leagues and events in North America, as detailed below.
League Liability Insurance Requirements
- Leagues in North America are required to carry liability coverage for all roller derby activities, including practices, scrimmages, and intra- or inter-league games, regardless of sanctioning.
- Coverage must be valid for roller derby activities for a minimum of US$2 million.
- Be sure to consult with your venue about their requirements as some may require a higher amount.
- This coverage may be purchased from any provider that offers it.
Skater and Skating Official Medical Insurance Requirements
- Skaters and Skating Officials in North America must have some form of personal accident and personal liability coverage in order to participate in roller derby actives, including practices, scrimmages, and intra- or inter-league games, regardless of sanctioning.
- Minimum of US$10,000 personal accident coverage and minimum of US$1 million liability coverage.
- League members must purchase coverage from the same provider as league’s liability coverage.
- Unaffiliated skaters/officials may purchase from any provider that offers it.
Members Outside of North America
- Refer to insurance requirements for holding roller derby events in your locality.
- Skaters and Skating Officials participating in WFTDA-Sanctioned games or other roller derby activities hosted by WFTDA member leagues in other countries may be required to have proof of insurance that covers roller derby activities and is valid in the country where the event is taking place. [WFTDA Sanctioning Policy – Insurance Requirements]