How to Join WFTDA
WFTDA New Member Program and Application Information
In order to apply to be a member of the WFTDA, roller derby leagues must meet the following requirements:
- Managed by at least 67% league skaters who identify as women or gender expansive, as detailed in the WFTDA Gender Statement.
- 51% owned by league skaters who identify as women or gender expansive, as detailed in the WFTDA Gender Statement.
- Governed by democratic principles and practices.
- Competitors must play by the Rules of Flat Track Roller Derby.
- At least fifteen skaters who are skating at least two hours a week.
- Each member league must have one charter team.
- This charter team must include only skaters who identify as women or gender expansive, as detailed in the WFTDA Gender Statement.
Applications will be reviewed two times per year by the WFTDA Membership Application Review Committee.
Membership Applications will be due on the first day of the quarter, and a decision will be delivered to the potential Member by the first day of the last month of the quarter. *
- January 1 for acceptance on March 1
- July 1 for acceptance on September 1
Members of the WFTDA receive many benefits, including:
- Access to the WFTDA Members Only resources
- Voting privileges on WFTDA elections, policies, rules, and other issues that affect the sport of roller derby
- WFTDA Online Learning access
- Member pricing on WFTDA products and services
- WFTDA Member Rankings
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.