WFTDA ART Project November and December Initiatives
November was a productive and encouraging month for work and planning with the ART Project, the WFTDA’s 12-member panel whose work is helping re-envision an equitable, anti-racist and community-led organization.
During the November meeting, ART Project panelists worked on creating consensus around ideas focused on competition and community, the concept of anti-racism, and transformational justice. Using these conversations, panelists moved forward on creating work plans and task forces to address key areas of WFTDA function: Organizational change, Membership, and Governance in roller derby.
Identified priorities in November meetings included:
- WFTDA Structures
- Exploring regionalized programs for Membership and the structure of the WFTDA as a Governing Body.
- Changing structures from competition focus to a collaborative and community-driven environment.
- Examining competition from a regional and equity perspective.
- Accessibility of Information and Communication
- Implementing d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing and translation protocols for WFTDA.
- Activating more opportunities for video and audio learning and communication.
- Accountability Systems for Membership
- Examining names and logos for leagues and individuals.
- Officiating and Rules
- Reviewing Codification of Rules, Certification, and Officiating from an equity lens.
- Educational Programming
- Provide Baseline Education for WFTDA Member Leagues on values/CoC.
Once again, the WFTDA wishes to thank our ART Panel members for their innovation and insight, as well as our Accountability Partners and D&I members who continue to support us through this organizational transformation.
The ART Project will meet next on December 19, 2020. Join us for discussions in the WeFTDA community!