for Sanctioned and SFC Games
The following uniform requirements must be followed. Compliance during games is enforced by the Head Referee, Head NSO, or GTO (if applicable) with noncompliance reported to the WFTDA Sanctioning Committee.
- Teams must wear uniforms with one clearly dominant identifiable color that is of high contrast to the color of their opponent.
- Uniform numbers must be of high contrast to the uniform base color.
- Teams must have a set of Pivot and Jammer helmet covers. The colors of the helmet covers must be of high contrast to each other, the same base color of each uniform color, and easily distinguished by Officials and other Skaters.
- The Pivot’s helmet cover must have a single, solid stripe a minimum of 2 inches (5.08 cm) wide running from front to back.
- The Jammer’s helmet cover must have two stars that are a minimum of 4 inches (10.16 cm) across, from point to point.
- Teams must provide two wristbands corresponding to their chosen uniform color for use by Officials in the game.
- All Skaters must include uniform numbers in the charter roster.
- Charter roster numbers may not include letters or punctuation marks.
- No Skater may have the same uniform number as another Skater on their team’s charter roster.
- Charter roster numbers are limited to a maximum of 4 numerals.
- In order for the Skater to be eligible to play, the following requirements for the uniform number on their jersey must be met:
- The number on their uniform must match the number submitted on the approved charter roster.
- The minimum height for jersey numbers is 6 inches (15.24 cm). All characters in the Skater’s charter roster number must be printed at the same size.
- Any letters surrounding the number must be no taller than 2 inches (5.08 cm).
- There may not be any punctuation within the number. Any punctuation surrounding the number must be no taller than 2 inches (5.08 cm).
The images below illustrate these requirements.
- Each Skater participating in a game must visibly display their roster number on each sleeve or arm. Roster numbers must be of high contrast and easily legible.
- Handwritten numbers on the arm are acceptable.
- The minimum height for a Skater’s roster number on the arm/sleeve is 2 inches (5 cm). The maximum height for a Skater’s roster number on the arm/sleeve is 4 inches (10 cm).
- If additional numbers are on the helmet (e.g., a brand name, model number, or tribute) they must be of a size, style, and position that is not confusing to Officials.