How to Participate
in the 2020 WFTDA Open Division Beta Test
To participate in an Open Division Beta Test game, the following forms must be submitted to email@example.com 30 days prior to the game date. You do not need to register for the test program outside of submitting your game roster for particular beta test games.
- All skaters participating in the beta test must register in the WFTDA Member Portal in order to sign waivers and our WFTDA Code of Conduct.
- If you have an existing account and have signed the waivers already in 2020, you do not need to do so again.
- If you had an account in the old WFTDA Mothership, but have not yet accessed your account in the new Member Portal, please use the Forgot Password link to get a new password and log into your account as it has been migrated to the new system.
- If you have never had an account with WFTDA before, you may use the Create A User Account link to create a profile.
- If your league is not a WFTDA-member league or does not carry WFTDA insurance you do not need to join a league for the purpose of the test.
- If your league is a WFTDA-member league, or carries WFTDA insurance, you may use the Manage Transfer Request link on your home page to request to transfer to your league.
- Each team must submit the WFTDA Open Division Beta Test Team Roster Registration form to register the team that will participate in the test. All skaters who play in the test game must be selected from the approved roster for the game. If you are a WFTDA team and wish to use an existing or a newly submitted WFTDA charter for the beta test, you do not need to submit this form. You should email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the charter number of the charter you wish to use for the test.
- Make a copy of the Google sheet.
- Follow the instructions at the top to complete the form.
- Insurance will be verified for all games taking place in the United States.
- If you are playing the game in the United States and your league has WFTDA insurance, you do not need to list the numbers in the form. We will check insurance in the WFTDA member portal using the skater’s names only.
- Submit a link to the form to email@example.com.
- If you wish to use the same roster for multiple games, you do not need to submit a game roster every time.
- WFTDA will verify the roster and will send you a link to the approved version. Each approved roster will be given a roster number that you can use for any games you wish to register for the test period.
- There are no late fees for late submissions. However, WFTDA needs time to process the roster in advance of the game.
- The team acting as host for the game must submit the WFTDA Open Division Beta Test – Game Registration Form. Please see the Beta Test requirements to determine if your game qualifies for the test.
- If the beta test game takes place at a WFTDA sanctioned tournament, do not also add the Open Division game to the WFTDA Tournament Sanctioning Application. WFTDA will track these games and will add them to the tournament record in the future, should we adopt this competitive pathway.
- There is no way for WFTDA to get approval from both teams so please make sure that you have approval from the visiting team before submitting this form.
- If you are using an existing approved team roster, please indicate the WFTDA-provided roster number for the roster you wish to use for the game. If the game roster is still being approved, indicate this on the form.
- Once approved WFTDA will send the notification to both teams that the game has been approved.
- There are no late fees for late submissions. However, WFTDA needs time to process the game in advance of the game start for it to count for the test.
- If you have any changes to a game roster (skater name or number), or to a game (time or location), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance as you may not need to submit a new form.
- After the game is played, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Game score within 24 hours of the game.
- Signed IGRF within 48 hours of the game. Please follow the same requirements for IGRFs as listed in the WFTDA Sanctioning Policy for sanctioned games. There are no late fees or penalties for late submissions, however for the game to count for potential future rankings consideration, we must have completed IGRFs and only approved skaters participating in the game.
- Completed StatsBook within 2 weeks of the game. Please follow the same requirements for StatsBooks as listed in the WFTDA Sanctioning Policy for sanctioned games. There are no late fees or penalties for late submissions, however we need complete stats for the game to count for potential future rankings consideration.